I had a doctors appointment on Monday February 1st, which was 9 days before my due date. At this appt. both the doctor and nurse couldn't believe I hadn't had the baby yet, as for two weeks he had been saying baby L was super low. However, I was still only dilated to a 2 and he thought I might go into labor within 48hrs. However, we decided if I didn't it was best to do an induction later in the week. The doctor decided on this due to my petite size, and he didn't want the baby getting too big increasing my risk for c-section. So, we went home and decided we would give it a full 48 hrs and then if nothing I would go in Wednesday Feb.2 at 8pm for induction.
Well bummer baby L was very content and didn't want to surprise is early! :( off to the hospital we went at 8pm February 2nd. When we arrived at the hospital I was dilated to a 4. I thought oh this is great won't be long now. However, it was a VERY long 16 hours, because, unfortunately I progressed very slowly. I got an epidural at about 4am and they broke my water. But at 5:30 am I was only a 5!!! Thankfully, when the nurses switched shifts at 7:30am and checked me I was at 9 cm and +2 station. This was the best news we had gotten in 11 hours! At 9:50 am it was time to start pushing. I never knew how hard this was going to be without being able to feel anything. This went on for a while and the they decided to give me a 15 minute break which turned into 30 mins. As we started to push again I wad beginning to have feeling in my feet. I told the nurse but they said oh your epidural medicine just ran out but you wont need anymore since the baby is so close. The longer this went on the more I could feel each contraction. Of course, my doctor just happened to be super busy today And was running between two hospitals. By the time he got there, it took all of 5 mins and we and this beauty.....

It's a GIRL!!!!
Baby L born February 3, 2011
12:23pm 7lb. 4oz. 20in
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment