Sunday, December 5, 2010

PAINT SURPRISE

Ever think you have the best friends in the whole wide world?!?!?! Well, I'm sorry to tell you I think my friends are better than yours..just kidding. Anyways, our friends Sharon and Mike have been nothing but helpful and so excited for us since we told them we were expecting! Sharon, immediately started planning my baby shower, which will no doubt be the best EVER! Since they own their own painting business, Mike then offered to paint Baby L's room! Gabe and I were so blessed with this gift because neither of us have the patience, motivation, or will to paint a room.

As you know Thanksgiving weekend Gabe and his dad finished the crown moulding in the nursery, so the next step was PAINT! I had brought the crib bedding to Mike and Sharon a few weeks ago and with their expert advice of course the first paint sample they picked matched perfectly! That alone would have taken Gabe and I several trips to home depot to find just the right color. Every day Gabe would ask 'so has Sharon said when Mike wants to paint"? Every day I would tell him "no this week they are busy, out of town, etc"

Well this past Wednesday Sharon calls and says Mike wants to paint tomorrow, what do you think. What do I think? I think heck yah this is the best news I've had all week! Yippee! Like clockwork Gabe asks his usual question about when it was going to be done and my response to him tonight was a little fib because I said oh i don't know Mike's out of town this week ( which was true, until he decided not to go).

Thursday, while I was at work Mike came over and painted everything.... Crown moulding and base boards, the walls, and my bookshelves. So, 3.5 hrs later (told ya he's a professional) I came skipping in from work to find this.....






Gabe, came home Friday afternoon and first thing he says when he walks in is "Why does it smell like paint in here"? Hahaha he has a good sniffer...so I said well Mike was here!! He went into the room and was like a kid in a candy store. He was looking around in disbelief and couldn't stop saying this is awesome but I thought Mike was out of town this week. Hahaha I just laughed and said well he didn't go, so yesterday I came home to everything done and looking amazing!

Saturday, Gabe decided he would put the fan up! Well after blaming me for leaving the switch on, and getting shocked twice...we have this....



Sorry to go on so long about paint...but really if you only knew how happy this made us both you would understand!

Thank you Mike and Sharon for making Baby L's room absolutely PERFECT! We couldn't ask for better friends than you guys! We can't say thank you enough... we love you both!

1 comment: